Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Water Marbling!

Trying to figure out what to post...suuucks!
Since having my phone stolen, I had NADA to post about. 
I've been trying to fill up my new phone with lots of imagery for ya'll. 
Polish, purses, shoes...OH MY!!! 

Finally, I'm Back & Ready to Attack. 
Sorry I'm so corny. You see, I can't make jokes, but "Corny"... I can do that well.

Let me tell you first what happened to me today. On my way to studio, I stopped in Williamsburg to get a falafel sandwich from this spot I recently started going to. I get to studio, I'm feeling all nestled and ready to eat so I can be productive, so I keep biting into my, what looks like a delicious, falafel sandwich. 
And guess what the hell I just found out? 
I'm eating a falafel sandwich that is 
MISSING ANY HINT of FALAFEL!!!
What the Hell?!!?


I feel so fucking cheated. I can't even describe how let down I am right this minute. 
I have all the extra sauce I wanted, all the radishes, onions, pickles, hummus...EVERYTHING! Everything but what the sandwich is named for: FALAFEl! Where the hell is my main item?
I'm pretty friggin pissed. Of course, I can't go back and say something so I can get me falafel-on. 
The place is over 30 minutes away. Damn it. 

Damn you, Falafel Devil! Damn you!!!

Anywayyyzzzz.....
So I'm sitting here,  not sure what to start with, and now I realize, 
"Hey, I had a cool polish date with my BF earlier this spring. Why not share with my girls out there?!" I mean, right?! 

Ok, so this is my VERY FIRST Water Marble EVERRRRRR!!!
Please me kind...it's my first time. 
LOL That line can NEVER get Old. 

My sweet, sweet papabear and I decided one night, back in March, to paint my nails. He wanted to pick out the colors and have fun with me. So I proposed we try water marbling, as I had never done it before, it would be TOO awesome to get him to do it. He said YES immediately! Hmmm...ok. LOL That took NO effort. I wonder...

We pulled out a bunch of my polishes, all creams, and some A-England holographs. For all the marbles, we used various combinations of China Glaze, Color Club, Essie, Julep, A-England, and Butter London. First, we watched a couple YouTube videos, then we began.

Our first attempt...came out really well. The design was simple, but it came out great. How the hell do you get the water bubbles off the nail bed with out ruining the water-marble? The bubbles dry and leave spots in the design. SUCKS! Anyone have any advice for me, please?! 


Papabear did this one. He pretty much made all the water marbles. He was so excited, as was I. We had a MAJOR blast while bonding and acting the fool. He was getting kinda hard on himself a few times, because we weren't getting pretty pieces, the water was all wrong (took us a looong time to figure that out! LOL), and he was being an annoying perfectionist. But in the end, what the heck! It's all GOOD, Baba-babay!!!


This design was SO BEAUTIFUL! I plunged my finger in the water, hoping I got a nice placement. As I pulled my finger out, I realized, I had forgotten to clean up the pigment on the water's surface. Silly girl. It dragged right over our pretty decal. DAMN. I tried to clean it up (see below), but obviously it wasn't working. You really have to practice the craft of water-marbling to really do it flawlessly. 


Above, papabear is already getting onto the next water-marble while I'm trying to clean up this finger. Speedy Gonzalez! Then we learned, you can't let it sit too long. So that one was scratched from the photo album! And so did the one below. We gotta learn to move faster or slow down the pace at which we move on to each nail.


This one was sweeeet!!! 
 Rasta-Chil

Papabear was helping me take off the tape we used as borders, 
so as not to get the polish all over my fingers. We learned that one the hard way! 



Quickly learning the better ways to pull out of the container when I've gotten the pattern on the nail bed. 
Still have a lot to learn about aiming properly.


Double Dipping Time!!!



 This pattern was SO BEAUTIFUL!!!


Getting better at cleaning up my nail beds after getting the image down! YAY!


We totally fudged up the last few fingers. We were getting restless and annoyed. It was like 2am or something. That's how I roll...2am manicures all the Way, Every Day! Used to be the only time I was able to get a mani done--while everyone else was asleep.


The FINAL Results!
Not TOO Shabby! 


I wore this crazy, hot-mess manicure for quite a few days! 
I was OWNING it!!!
#Shameless


I think this week I will try it again. 
I'd forgotten how much fun this is.


See You Next Time!!!

*MUAH*



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for joining in on the fun!
I'd love to hear from you, so drop me a line!

Hugs,
Jess